Monday, October 18, 2010

Rangers Win - Office Open - Reading List

Rangers won tonight! Cliff Lee is an amazing ace. Now ahead of Yankees in series 2-1. Hope we hold on. Cowboys 1-4, Yuk..

New DFW office finally open. Just got phones in, starting interviews and hiring. Should be full strength by end of next month. Have to squeeze a trip in to Portland office in the middle of it, which will slow it down a bit.

Had old friend and business peer in town from Portland last week. We were chatting about recent reads and I mentioned "The 4 Hour Work Week" by Timothy Ferris, and he knew about it right away. I was surprised because the last dozen or so that I mentioned it to, didn't know what I was talking about. I'm looking forward to his new book coming out in December, "The 4 Hour Body". Anyways, if you like his first book, which I did, you will follow his reading list, which I did as well, at least half of it so far. A title called "Vagabonding" by Rolph Potts was fun, but "The World Is Flat" by Thomas Friedman is an amazing eye opener.

Other recent reads and recommendations are:
1. The E-Myth Revisted by Michael Gerber
and
2. Get Your Mojo Back by Marshall Goldsmith

If you try and of these, drop me a line and let me know what you think.

No comments: