Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Higher Unemployment Insurance Rates Create Inflation

Well, I just had my first quarter payroll tax return done for one of my companies in Oregon.  Here's a shocker, the tax happy state just doubled the minimum best case scenario rate for all business!  Based on the increase dealt to my company, a quick and dirty calculation tells me that will suck a minimum of 5k off the bottom line in 2010!  At least this one isn't retroactive.

Last fall they tricked the voters into passing a tax increase on all Oregon Corporate business that was retroactive!  That should not be legal. Even the annual filing fees have doubled!  Yet another form of taxation without representation.

Tomorrow, I am drafting rate increase letters to my janitorial clients and May 1st, I'm sorry to say, yet another increase will be posted on the website for marketing clients.  When will the voters and the government get it?!?!   If you want to help the economy, you better start helping small business. Small business has been tightening belts for the last two years, there aren't any more costs to cut! 

Can you say, PAYROLL TAX FREEZE?!?!?!
I'm out.

No comments: