Friday, April 30, 2010

Enforce The 30 Day Notice Part Of Your Agreement

Don't be afraid to gently remind your clients they made an agreement to give you 30 day notice (if that's how your agreement is written) when they decide to terminate services. I got a call today from a long time client saying they needed to cut costs and wanted to halt the cleaning immediately. I've had this client so long, they couldn't find a copy of the original agreement, so I had to fax it over. I told them I would prefer they honor the agreement, but if they really could not pay for one more month of service I would not hassle them over it. Of course, I asked all the pertinent questions, "can we improve service or would you like to scale back instead of terminate completely"? It was simply a cost cutting move, but when I reminded them of the agreement they agreed to abide by it. It turns out they had already changed the locks and made arrangement to do the work in-house but said they would cut the check for the balance for the last month anyway. That equals about 3 months in profit, simply for politely reminding them of the agreement.

No comments: