Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Labor Savings Can Be Found In The Floors!

Hello again, still want to live up to to making posts more days than not, that may be tough for this month, but I still vow to beat April and continue improving. I'm cheating a bit, I'm pasting a tidbit I published a few years ago, but still great info for the newbies. Thanks!

From CleaningCoach 2007 Newsletter

Carpets
Have you ever tried a backpack vacuum? They provide a great way to save time on the job. It's true in most cases they don't clean as effectively as your commercial upright but that often isn't an issue. Typically, the farther you get away from the entries, the cleaner the carpets, because the soil is walked off. You don't really have to use an upright to pick up hole punches, staples and pocket lint do you? They work great under and around furniture, on stairs, and you can even hit some of the hard floor surfaces with them. They also tend to be more reliable which will save you some dough on repairs and maintenance. Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting you replace your upright with a backpack, but if you have relatively clean buildings where you utilize more than one vacuum, you should make one of them a backpack. If you don't own at least one, consider purchasing one next time you need to buy equipment.

How about the hard floors?
Wow! I was a skeptic at first, you know what they say about teaching old dogs new tricks, but my equipment rep. twisted my arm into a free trial. I'd seen them at the tradeshows and in the showrooms. When they told me I could save 40% on labor I said "uh huh" and changed the subject. I'm talking about MicroFiber Mopping Systems. I tested this system in a 40,000 square foot grade school a few months ago and within a week I was on the phone to the rep. saying sign me up! I was talking to a client from Texas last week who takes great pride in his finished product and pardon me if I have the quote wrong, he said something like, "This makes the old way like stirring a mud puddle with a stick." That's not far from the truth. Did I save 40% on labor? Not yet I haven't. So far, the labor savings look closer to 20%, but the floors seem 50% cleaner! What will that do for your business? The start up cost is a little more than a traditional mop and bucket since you have to invest in the rewashable cleaning pads. The product specs state that you can wash and reuse each pad up to 300 times before you have to replace it. This is definitely something I would recommend that you at least try.

You can win a complete MicroFiber Mopping System set-up, including bucket, handle, applicator, and pads, if you are the winner of this month's Feedback / Idea Submission Contest. More next month...
Best Regards and God Bless
Nick

No comments: